Health, Safety & Environment
The Port of Aabenraa is focused on optimising its activities in relation to health and safety at work, and the environment.
When we plan and perform everyday activities or make short-term and long-term strategic decisions, we focus on our impact on the immediate environment – with respect to health, safety and environment.
We wish at all times to be at the forefront and to set a good example, which is why health & safety at work and the environment also receive high priority in our day-to-day activities, which is in turn of benefit to employees, customers and the surroundings.
Health & Safety
Port of Aabenraa has prepared a safety pamphlet with rules that apply to the entire port area, which can be downloaded here:
The Port of Aabenraa will:
- Seek to reduce the degree of pollution at the harbour and thereby create an attractive environment for users
- Ensure that the harbour’s activities do not result in environmental problems in surrounding urban areas
- Ensure that environmental impact assessments are incorporated into the planning of day-to-day activities
- Ensure that newly acquired plant and equipment always contain the most eco-friendly technology
- Enter into constructive cooperation with businesses and users with regard to the solution of environmental problems
- Work to reduce consumption of resources, wastage and waste
- Ensure a good working environment and a high degree of safety during performance of work
- As a minimum, comply with environmental legislation and enter into positive dialogue with the relevant authorities