Port of Aabenraa – access and traffic
The Port of Aabenraa lives up to the International Maritime Organisation’s requirements with regard to the security of harbour facilities, called ISPS. This is a legal framework for maritime security and is a combination of preventive measures that are designed to protect shipping and the harbour facilities against threats of intentional illegal actions. The primary element in securing international harbours is ensuring that the ships have been docked at a secure harbour facility in connection with their onward voyage.
Access to harbour facilities is restricted by means of fences, gates and video surveillance. Only persons with valid ID cards or registered guests may be present at the secured facilities at the Port of Aabenraa. Registration takes place at the harbour office.
Further information can be obtained from PSO Henrik Thykjær on tel.: +45 74 62 25 14
Name: Aabenraa Port
UN location: DKAAB
Requirements for vessels calling at the port
Ships that call at the Port of Aabenraa shall submit the following information to the shipbroker:
- The 10 most recent ports of call
- Copy of the ship’s “International Ship Security Certificate” (Only at the ship’s first port of call)
- The ship’s ”Continuous Synopsis Record”
- Crew list, incl. change of crew
- List of businesses that are due to supply goods or services while the ship is moored at the port
- Passenger lists, if applicable
Information concerning each port of call must be submitted to the Port of Aabenraa. All information must be submitted to the Port of Aabenraa, and in the event of any changes to the ship’s arrival, the harbour must be informed hereof.
From 1 June 2015 the ship/shipbroker shall – in accordance with Directive 2010/65/EU on reporting formalities – also report the ship’s arrival to SafeSeaNet. This information also includes pre-arrival security information, which was previously sent to the harbour on various FAL forms, and which in future only has to be reported to SafeSeaNet.
Declaration of Security
Declaration of Security/DoS in the following circumstances:
- The ship operates at another security level than the Port of Aabenraa
- A security threat or event has affected the ship or the facilities
- The ship has been in a harbour/facility that is not required to have or execute an approved security plan
Ships that have issued a declaration of security must contact the Port of Aabenraa’s PSO,
Henrik Thykjær, on tel.: +45 74 62 25 14